Updated: Nov 13, 2021
To persuade someone is difficult for people who tend to think it is manipulation or getting way but instead, it is your ideas that get a fair hearing. It is about learning more skills and techniques to communicate more efficiently in a way that other people can understand better.
ROBERT CIALDINI is the scholar of persuasion and author of the psychology of persuasion says, "if you are honest and respectful with peoples that go to a long way, but if you want a short way in other words if you want to influence people who meet you the first time than following steps is very important".
link to course- https://www.linkedin.com/learning/persuading-others
Let's dive into how to persuade others:
1) Show expertise of your in a get particular field to people to persuade them two things you can do:
Build your credentials which shows your qualifications such as university qualification, certificate of completion which people believe.
Promote your credentials to show your skills from different mediums and influence people around you.
Communicating with authority is an essential thing to persuade people on your behalf think like TED speakers and how we do this, determine the following points;
Find a personal connection with your subject and speak from your depth of your emotion the things that inspire you will bring more creative thoughts in your mind.
Create your story bank of key points, people tend to remember your story, not facts, and figures.
Slow down your speaking speed when you try to persuade someone. Neuroscience says the people who speak fast have less knowledge.
2) Identify whom, you need to persuade, if you understand the spending more time to people you love will easy to influence and here how you can do it:
Consider the chain of command such as the most of the command comes from boss to organization
Decide and understand who has an indirect power in your organization which you can frame your thoughts according to your favour to them.
Spend more time with the key decision-makers.
3) Overcoming bad impressions is the clever decision to gain more power from people who don’t like you here’s a tip on how it’s done:
Spend more time with the person you alienated when first your impression became horrible.
Overcompensate the person to change the point of view while talking.
Be patient give the person time and don’t force them to accept your thoughts.
We recommend you to read a book- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
When you join you become a huge part of our mission:
1. For Course Reviews, Learning: bit.ly/allin1hubyoutube
2. For Education funny memes: bit.ly/allin1hubinstagram
3. For Articles, 101challenge: bit.ly/allin1hublinkedin
4. For Course links + memes: bit.ly/allin1hubfacebook
5. Everything at one place: bit.ly/allin1hubtelegram
Thank You For Reading!